Thursday, February 14, 2013

A T.A.M.P.A Valentine

Happy Valentine's Day!

I'm feeling grateful for all of my relationships today, but especially for a group of my close girlfriends.



This is a very special group of ladies that I met while my kids were young, and we were all stay at home moms. We call ourselves T.A.M.P.A., because we all met when we lived in Tampa, Florida, and because each letter in T.A.M.P.A. is the first letter of our names.

Trish
Alex
     Melanie
 Paula
Amy

You could not possibly imagine a more diverse group of ladies. Soon after we met, we quickly realized how different we all are. Of course sometimes this will cause conflict, but truly, I believe our differences bring us together more than they drive us apart. Each of us has something to offer that we can't get from anyone else.

I am a bit conservative, although I do have a wild side. I am a girly girl, and I'm so not athletic. I am thoughtful, and kind most of the time, but I can be competitive.

Alex is fit, and healthy. She is honest and moral, and is comforted by her spiritual beliefs. She is a "regal beauty" (she will gladly tell you herself), and she makes me laugh more than anyone else I've ever known in my life.

Melanie is electric and fun. Her energy can be crazy one minute, then be chill the next. She will definitely keep you young. She'll admit she can be vain, but she is quite a hottie. She is definitely someone you'd get into a bar fight for. 

Paula is the oldest of us (although she doesn't look it, no fair). She fully understands and appreciates the importance of family and responsibility. She probably won't join in your shenanigans, but she will gladly watch with a smile. She is generous, and kind, and gorgeous.

Amy can be a homebody. Sometimes she has to be pulled away from home in order to spend time with her, but she is so worth it. Once she's out she is fun, and hilarious and can cut a rug with her "round up" dance move. She is far from lazy, her projects are ongoing and amazing. Her smile literally lights up a room.


I love and respect all of our differences and I feel very Blessed to have found such a wonderful group of forever friends.

  






No comments:

Post a Comment